A Brush with Love by Mazey Eddings
Publication Date: 01 March 2022
Things I would like to say to Mazey Eddings after reading A Brush with Love:
• Congratulations to you on this stunning debut novel. You hit it out of the park on your first at-bat.
• Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU for shining your beautiful light on the mental health warriors of the world. I battle the Beast that is an anxiety disorder. I did not receive my diagnosis until I was in my fifties, but looking back on my younger life, I realize how many years I spent with a diminished quality of life because of this insidious condition. I hope that A Brush with Love can help younger folks recognize their anxiety and get the help they need, and not let it linger untreated for as long as I did.
• There were so many moments when, while reading Harper’s thoughts, I was convinced that you had somehow burrowed into my brain. Her representation is so genuine and so beautiful, and left me feeling seen and a little less alone. Thank you.
To everyone else, here is what you can expect:
• An intelligent, determined, neurodiverse heroine
• A sweet, cinnamon roll hero
• A killer slow burn
• A kooky and hilarious supporting cast
• Snort-inducing dental puns and oral innuendo
• Steam! I mean, I wish my college study sessions had been this hot.
• A love story that will wreck you in the very best way. Have tissues at the ready.
• If you suffer from an anxiety disorder, be sure you are ready before you pick up this book because it is real and raw and it will put you in all of your feels.
My favorite quote from this book comes in the acknowledgements: “vulnerability is a super power.” I with the world could understand and accept this. ❤️❤️❤️
Thank you to NetGalley and St. Martin’s Press for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.