How to Excavate a Heart by Jake Maia Arlow
Pub date: 01 Nov 2022 by Harper Teen
What can you expect from this YA/NA holiday romcom?
- An impactful meet-cute (when you read the book you’ll understand why I’m hilarious)
- Jewish lesbians at Christmastime – Merry Jewmas!
- A corgi who wears little booties. In the snow. So his little feetsies don’t get cold!!
- Dead fish. Well, like ancient fish fossils. But yeah, dead fish.
- Googling how to pronounce “paleichthyology”
- Hallmark movie vibes
- Getting snowed in on Christmas Eve (wink, wink)
- Women in STEM
- A 96-year-old woman who is only afraid of two things: spiders and fascism
- Lots of messy feelings
- Banter to make you laugh, real and raw feelings to make you cry
- Discussions of past sexual assault, so check your content warnings
And if that list isn’t enough to get you to read this book, then I can’t help you because you obviously have no soul. 😂
Thank you to NetGalley and to Harper Collins Children’s Books for providing a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.